The Club policy and protocol for general sports injuries is as follows:
- Any complaint received from an athlete or symptoms/signs observed by a parent, legal guardian or coach must be discussed between the parties.
- A player, parent or legal guardian must notify a coach if that player suffered an injury or is diagnosed with an injury or illness that limits soccer activity.
- If there is any concern or issue of an injury, the Club policy is, “If in doubt, sit them out”.
- If a parent requests their child be held out of practice or competition, the coach must honor that parent’s or legal guardian’s request.
- If a coach determines a player should sit, the parents and legal guardians must honor the coach’s decision.
- If a player is diagnosed with an injury, the player must provide a medical release and return to play report from a medical doctor before resuming any soccer activities.
- The medical doctor clearance directives must be followed whether the directive involves limited activity, other modified return status or unlimited, full contact, game playing release.
- The general rule is to err on the side of caution, “It’s better to miss a game than a season!”
For more information: